I swore I would never get a blog. Also said I wouldn’t get a Facebook account. Now I have both. What was I thinking?
I was thinking that this is one of my first steps to becoming something I have always wanted to be: an author. Someone that writes stories that will give others the type of enjoyment I receive from the written word. And this blog, dear reader, is where I plan to share my growing pains.
Just a couple of quick notes on what you will and will not find here… Starting with the not finding:
- Long winded rambling self indulgent posts – I don’t like reading others’, why would I inflict mine on you?
- Instructive content – I am not going to teach you anything, I will likely learn more from you.
- Links to music videos, xbox, or flash web games – I am not going to take content advice from my teenage son despite how cool he thinks it will be.
What you will probably find:
- Impressions and expressions as I explore the craft of writing.
- Updates on my current projects.
- Occasional off topic posts to other things I find myself doing, which may include postings on music videos, xbox, or flash web games just to maintain some harmony in the Beyer household.
Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. Feel free to browse around leave me a comment.
Apologies in advance as I figure out this whole writing thing, I hope it will be as much fun for you as it will be for me.
Very inspiring… I can’t wait to read your first novel.